At Toxikos we help counsel determine the strengths and weaknesses of the scientific facts and assist in explaining the facts so they are clearly communicated to the tribunal, judge or jury. Toxikos has been involved in all facets of legal decision making – interacting with government authorities, lawyers and community groups in the legislative, regulatory and litigious processes.
We have provided expert testimony, technical direction and strategic advice to lawyers in many toxic tort, administrative hearings and product liability cases.
Our work has included:
- documenting and analyzing the extent of exposures to chemicals and products of concern.
- critically reviewing toxicology data on the chemicals and product of concern.
- determining whether the exposures in question were of sufficient magnitude and duration to cause the alleged injury.
- analysing alternative causation issues.
- distinguishing the type of risk assessment used in the regulatory context from that needed to establish medical causation.
- offering expert testimony in matters of toxicology, risk assessment, exposure assessment and causation.
- assisting in selecting and preparing expert witnesses