Auditing Services and Carbon Management
Environmental audits fill a variety of client needs. Examples are due diligence assessments for property transfers, compliance audits for statutory reporting, and third party audits of environmental management plans.
Our audit clients benefit from the Audit Practice team’s technical knowledge and experience in operational management, environmental systems, and regulatory compliance. Our multi-disciplinary team can be shaped to best meet audit requirements. Members of the team hold accreditation in a number of State, National and International schemes.
We provide auditing services for:
- National Greenhouse Energy Reporting (NGER) Scheme
- New South Wales Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) / Energy Saving Certificate (ESC) creation audits
- Victoria Renewable Energy Target (VRET)
- Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) / Australian Carbon Credit Unit (ACCU) creation audits
- Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI)
- Specialist environmental due diligence
- Audits of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and environmental management plans
- Regulatory compliance auditing (mining and extractive industry, landfill, industrial and manufacturing facilities)
Our knowledge of internationally recognised protocols supports client needs for greenhouse gas assessment projects. We have conducted many auditing assignments as part of the New South Wales Greenhouse Gas Abatement Scheme and Energy Saving Scheme frameworks and have several lead auditors accredited to this scheme. Our Category 1 Technical auditors under the Australian National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Scheme and Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) regularly coordinate audit teams targeted to specific industries and corporations.
- Calculate Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) carbon abatement values
- Audit greenhouse gas inventories for the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Scheme and Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) frameworks